State of Ohio Education License in 7-12 Earth Science
East Cleveland City Schools (2014-2015)
6550 Baxter Ave, Cleveland, OH 44105
• 8th Grade Science
• Stem Lab Integration
• Lead Science Fair Coordinator
• Science TBT Leader
• District Curriculum Council Member
Cleveland Central Catholic High School (2012-2013)
6550 Baxter Ave, Cleveland, OH 44105
• Eleven and Twelfth grade Earth Science/Environmental Science
• Ninth grade Computer Literacy.
- Planned and implemented lessons for eleventh and twelfth grade Earth Science and ninth grade Computer Literacy.
- Developed strategies to maximize student confidence and increase student success in high stakes testing (ACT, SAT, and OGT). Emphasized strategies in locating and reading for information and note taking strategies.
- Maintained own website to maximize learning and technology usage.
- Enhanced computer lesson to integrate the importance of digital citizenship and safety. Utilized technology such a SmartBoards and Google Moon and Mars to allow students to explore locations in a real time 3D experience.
- Designed laboratory activities that focused on current, real world and local events such as Hurricane Sandy, Florida Sinkholes, Ohio Earthquakes, Tohoku, Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami, and the Tornado Outbreak of May 31, 1985.
St. Peter Chanel High School (2010-2012)
480 Northfield Road, Bedford, Ohio 44146
• Ninth grade Physical Science teacher.
• Ninth through twelfth grade Computer Literacy Levels 1 and 2 teacher.
• Onsite Technology Director.
- Planned and implemented lessons for ninth grade Physical Science and Computer Literacy.
- Secured a grant for $3500 to conduct a summer workshop as well as designed a curriculum and plan of implementation for new course in conservation and sustainability.
- Designed laboratory activities that engage and enhance student comprehension while emphasizing life skills and the practical application of science.
- Developed strategies to maximize student confidence and increase student success in high stakes testing (ACT, SAT, and OGT).
- Supervised the after school Japanese Language and Culture Club where I taught Japanese language, sumi painting and manga art.
- Supervised “Think Before You Post” student organization that promotes responsible social media and internet usage.
- Organized student competition at NASA where students received two honorable mentions.
Field Experience Student Teaching and Practicum
John Marshall High School, Cleveland, OH 2009-2010
• Planned and implemented lessons for Earth Space Science.
• Enhanced student learning and achievement by scaffolding as well as differentiating instruction and assessments to meet student needs, curriculum objectives and state standards.
• Maximized individual learning potential by establishing strong person relationships with students to ensure their trust and respect.
• Organized and planned inquiry based hands on laboratory activities which bring real world practical experiences into the classroom.
• Supervised the after school Otaku (Japanese Culture) Club where I taught Japanese language, sumi painting and manga art.
National Institute of Technology (2003-2004)
2545 Bailey Rd., Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44241
• I was responsible for instructing students in the computer lab courses of the Medical Business and Clinical Specialist Associate and Administrative Assistant Diploma programs, which includes the following courses; Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Windows, and Medisoft Advanced, Keyboarding, Medical Transcription and Business Internet.
Jackson Township Community Education Program (JTCE) (2000-2001)
Jackson High School, North Canton, Ohio
• I was an adult continuing education instructor. I was subcontracted to Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities as a vocational instructor to clients at various sites. I installed hardware and software and provided troubleshooting on accessibility devices.
Current FBI and CBI Background Record
The 2017 record will be posted once it arrives!